Just a few reminders about upcoming events.
- The Halloween Party is coming up quickly! If you haven’t, yet, please return your child’s form for Halloween and Valentine’s day and help our kids have really great class parties!
- Got toddlers??? Travilah families with younger siblings are invited to watch the Halloween parade at 2:15 on October 31st. Following the parade, students return to their classrooms for their class parties. Younger siblings are invited to their own party in the multi purpose room.
- This Friday is the 2nd edition of the Dolphin’s Splash. Do you own a business, or know someone who does, and are interested in advertising in the Travilah ES PTAs monthly Dolphin’s Splash newsletter? Download the form and support a wonderful school here: https://travilahpta.org/forms-and-flyers/
- It’s not too late to volunteer for the 2018 PTA ENCHANTED FOREST Book Fair. We’d love for you to be a part of this fun and exciting experience for our students. Click here to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040c4aaaa72caa8-travilah
Thank you for continuing to help make Travilah Elementary a wonderful experience for our kids!
On October 18th the Wootton PTSA will be holding a Community Meet & Greet for candidates currently running for office in Montgomery County. The event will be in the Wootton Cafeteria from 7PM to 9PM. This is a great opportunity to meet the candidates, learn their plans to serve our community, and discuss issues of importance to you. This event is free and open to all members of the Wootton High School community.
The Wootton HS PTSA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate and/or party affiliation.
Today is the deadline to register to vote.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS TO
ELECTION DAY IS
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH
- Maryland Voter Registration Deadline is Tue,Oct 16th
- Find Information on Candidates at: www.vote411.org
- Enter your Address on the Left side and Election Race info will come up. Select “Get Personalized Information on Candidates and Issues”
Our PTA Fall Fundraiser ends soon. Please make sure your get your orders in to the office no later than Friday, October 12th. These Yankee Candle products including wrapping paper and much more are great for holiday gift giving with items arriving just before Thanksgiving. Contact Holly Akli at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The presentation given at Tuesday night’s PTA meeting about the GT, Magnet, and other testing is available here:
GT Magnet Testing
You’re invited to tomorrow night’s teacher presentation and PTA meeting! Topics include:
6:30 pm: Presentation by Ms Prestoy-Heyn, Ms Rubenstein, and Mrs Hept on Gifted and Talented, Intermediate and Middle School Magnet Program, and Testing.
7:00 pm: PTA budget approval.
7:15 pm: Updates from the Cluster Rep about boundary redistricting
PTA meeting to be followed by the Room Parent volunteer meeting.
Our PTA Fall Fundraiser begins soon! This Fall we are selling Yankee Candle products including wrapping paper and much more! Great for holiday gift giving with items arriving just before Thanksgiving. Seller packets will be sent home the end of September. All students are invited to participate in this fundraiser to help the PTA continue to provide support for our school. The PTA helps teachers purchase classroom supplies and sponsors many wonderful events such as our Back to School Picnic, Travilahfest, World Culture Night, the Spelling Bee, assemblies and more. Keep an eye out for more information to come.
Contact Holly Akli at email@example.com with any questions.
Interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities for the Travilah ES PTA this year? Come to Travilah Tuesday morning (September 18th) starting at 9:40 am and have breakfast on the PTA! Meet the principal, some of the staff, and hear about the variety of opportunities available at our school. Little time to spare? Lots of time to spare? Specific interest area? Just looking to help out? We have many open opportunities to work alone or with others to make our children’s school experience great!!